Schwartz & Park, L.L.P represents clients in appellate matters in Kansas. Whether you need to appeal a criminal conviction or sentence, a verdict in a civil action, or a judge’s ruling in a domestic case, we will give your matter the attention it deserves. Not every civil or criminal case offers grounds for appeal. To conserve client time and resources, we analyze the suitability of an appeal in each matter brought to us for consideration, and allow the client to weigh the strengths and weaknesses of a prospective appeal.
We handle a variety of appeal matters, including:
- Appeals of property distribution, child custody, visitation and support determinations
- Appeals in child abuse and neglect cases
- Appeals of Municipal or Magistrate Court orders to District Court
- Appeals of guilty verdicts in criminal trials due to errors in jury instructions, errors in pretrial motions or errors in rulings regarding evidence
- Appeals of sentencing orders in criminal cases
- Appeals based on incorrect application or interpretation of Kansas statutes
Appellate practice has its own set of complex rules and strict deadlines. At Schwartz & Park, L.L.P. we are well-versed in the requirements for properly docketing matters for appeal at both the district court level and the appellate court level. At Schwartz & Park, L.L.P., we have the experience not only to evaluate a case’s likelihood of success on appeal, but to position each appellate case for its best possible outcome.
Skilled, Accessible Kansas Appellate Attorneys
Appellate practice requires thorough knowledge of the law and attention to detail. It also requires attorneys to be accessible and responsive to clients who are understandably anxious about the outcome of their case on appeal. With years of experience practicing before the Kansas Court of Appeals and the Kansas Supreme Court, we possess both the legal skill and the compassion to successfully guide our clients through the complicated appeals process.
If you need to appeal a civil, criminal or domestic case in Kansas, your time to do so is limited. We invite you to contact us at (785) 625-0024 or via our online contact form. We look forward to working with you.